Oak Park Brewing Company Code of Conduct
At OPB, we are about the ABCs, which stands for (A)rt, (B)eer, and (C)ommUnity. We want OPB to be a place where everyone feels welcome and respected. We strive to create a safe space for our team to grow and thrive personally and professionally. Creating this environment starts with our team experiencing this support, believing in this mission and being part of the message!
At OPB, we are about brewing quality craft beer and making a difference. We foster a culture where kindness is a priority and diversity is celebrated. We value honest and authentic feedback from our staff and visitors, and we will continue to make improvements based on recommendations. Our staff, as well as our guests, are diverse, eclectic and unique. We are all coming from a different place with different experiences, and we encourage one another to always come from a place of kindness and keep OPB one where all kind humans are welcome to be themselves.
Expectations for employees, guests, contractors, vendors, leadership and ownership:
All of the employees, guests, vendors and contractors must be treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to providing an atmosphere free of harassment and discrimination towards all people.
We will not tolerate harassment or discrimination directed at our employees by managers, supervisors, co-workers, or third parties such as contractors, vendors, or guests. Similarly, we will not tolerate harassment or discrimination by our employees against others with whom we serve or have a business or professional relationship.
Behaviors we will not tolerate:
- Verbal, physical, or written abuse or assault
- Bullying, intimidation, or victimization
Harassment can be identified as:
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, age, race, or religion.
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, employment and relationships.
- Deliberate misgendering or use of ‘dead’ or rejected names.
- Gratuitous sexual images or behavior in the workplace.
- Physical contact and simulated physical contact without consent or after a request to stop.
- Threats of violence.
- Incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm.
- Intimidation of any kind.
- Stalking or following.
- Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes.
- Sustained disruption of discussion.
- Pattern of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others.
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease.
- Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent.
- Publication of non-harassing private communication.
- Verbal, physical, and visual conduct that creates an intimidating, offensive, or uncomfortable working environment or interferes with work performance violates this policy, even if it is not unlawful.
- Making any unwelcome advances and/or verbal, physical, or visual conduct of a sexual nature.
- Making sexual gestures or sexual comments.
Harassment of any form is unacceptable in the workplace and in any work-related settings, such as trips and brewery-related social functions.
If you believe you have been subject to or witnessed anything that violates this policy, please immediately report such conduct to a supervisor or manager at OPB. If you are not comfortable reporting to any of those individuals, report the conduct to an Owner or anonymous tip line.
Supervisors and managers are responsible for reporting any complaints of a violation of this policy to an Owner or the anonymous tip line.
Upon receiving a report we will promptly conduct a fair, timely and thorough investigation. A timely response to each report will be provided when the investigation is complete. Every report of misconduct or harassment will be taken seriously and investigated thoroughly.
If we determine this policy has been violated, we will take appropriate and effective action to address the situation and deter any future inappropriate conduct; this may include disciplinary action, up to and including termination or expulsion.
Most importantly, we will not retaliate against you for bringing a good faith complaint under this policy, or for reporting such misconduct or cooperating in an investigation. If you believe someone has violated this no-retaliation policy, you should immediately notify any of the persons named above.